GPN Antiepileptic Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients Gabapentin For Nerve Pain Treatment
Gabapentin is an anti-epileptic medication, also called an anticonvulsant. It affects chemicals and nerves in the body that are involved in the cause of seizures and some types of pain.
|Synonyms||Neurontin; 1-(Aminomethyl)cyclohexaneacetic acid|
|Appearance||White Crystalline Solid|
|Melting Point||162 ℃|
|Boiling point||321.1 ° C|
|Flash point:||148 ° C|
|Usage||used in adults to treat nerve pain caused by herpes virus or shingles.|
|Shelf life||2 years when properly stored|
|Storage||Store in cool and dry places, keep away from strong light.|
1) Gabapentin is used in adults to treat nerve pain caused by herpes virus or shingles (herpes zoster).
2) Gabapentin is effective in social anxiety disorder, panic disorder,and generalized anxiety disorder.
3) The Horizant brand of gabapentin is also used to treat restless legs syndrome (RLS).
4) Gabapentin is approved for treatment of focal seizures, partial seizures and mixed seizures
5) Gabapentin can be used to relieve pain.
6) Gabapentin is recommended as one of a number of first line medications for the treatment of neuropathic pain in diabetic neuropathy, post-herpetic neuralgia, and central neuropathic pain. For neuropathic pain about 14% of people have a meaningful benefit.
Gabapentin Side Effects:
Gabapentin side effects include sleepiness and dizziness. Serious side effects may include an increased risk of suicide, aggressive behaviour, and drug reaction with eosinophilia and systemic symptoms. It is unclear if it is safe during pregnancy or breastfeeding. Lower doses should be used in people with kidney problems. Gabapentin affects the inhibitory neurotransmitter γ-aminobutyric acid (GABA) but how it works is otherwise unclear.
Gabapentin Test Report:
|DESCRIPTION||WHITE OR OFF-WHITE CRYSTALLINE POWDER||WHITE CRYSTALLINE POWDER|
|IR||IR SPECTRUM IS CONSISTENT WITH GABAPENTIN RS||CONFORMS|
|HPLC||CONFORM WITH THE RT OF THE MAJOR PEAK IN HPLC WITH USP GABAPENTIN WRS||CONFORMS|
|RESIDUE ON IGNITION||≤ 0.1%||0.02%|
|LIMIT OF CHLORIDE||≤ 0.01%||0.003%|
|HEAVY METALS||≤ 0.02%||< 0.002%|
|≤ 0.05%||< LOD(2PPM)|
|GABAPENTIN RELATED COMPONENTA A||≤ 0.10%||0.01%|
|ANY UNKROWN IMPURITY||≤ 0.10%||0.01%|
|TOTAL IMPURITIES||≤ 0.50%||0.03%|
|Contact Person :||Lisa|